Sunday, June 17, 2012

Maybell Bennett History


My parents were John Amasa Bennett and Geneva Coffin who were married in the Salt Lake Temple on October 9th, 1901. I was the first child born to this union on January 26, 1903, in a little two room house in Arimo, Idaho. I attend school in the Virginia District and church in the Cambridge and Virginia Wards. When I was 14 years old I was made secretary of the Virginia Ward Sunday School. This position I held until we moved to Rupert, Idaho in November 1919.  I attended Business College in Boise and my first position was at the Albion Normal School during the summer school. At the close of summer school I accepted a position with the Minidoka Irrigation District and lived at home. We attended the Acequia Ward. I was a Sunday School teacher there and also Stake Religion Class Secretary. When the Minidoka Stake was formed in 1923 I became Stake Secretary of the Young Ladies Organization. Sister Cynthia Roberts was the president. This position I held until I was called on a mission in March 1931 to the East Central States. My first assignment was to the mission office where I served as Mission corresponding secretary to President Miles L Jones. I remained in the mission office for 15 months then was transferred to the West Virginia South District where I remained until I was released from my mission in April 1933 after serving nearly 25 months.  On my return home I was again made a teacher in the Sunday School, also served as president of Young Ladies in the Acequia Ward and later as President of the Primary organization.  I was released from the Primary of the Acequia Ward when we moved to the Rupert First War in 1937.  Here I became a Sunday School Teacher, a teacher in the MIA, Literature teacher in the Relief Society when I was called to be a counselor to Sister Lula Anderson in May 1941.
I was married to William A Stevenson on March 8, 1934, in the Logan Temple. We have three children: Geneva Mae, John Albert, and Bud Lavell.

No comments:

Post a Comment